Sweets are my weeeeakness. Chocolate is the bees knees and I could eat my weight in fruit. Through many attempts to get this ridonkulous sweet tooth under control, I’ve learned to at least choose dark chocolates and use natural sweeteners like fruits or honey in place of sugar. These cookies are DA-GOOD-FOR-YOU BOMB. No butter, no refined sugar, no white flour. Instead, no-guilt ingredients take the stage and leave you wanting morrrrre. Luckily, with these cookies… you can. WINNNNNING.
Let’s do a fun little comparison.. we all know the infamous chunky monkey ice cream. It packs a whomping 290 calories, 18 grams of fat, & 27 grams of sugar for a 1/2 cup serving (eek!). Only focusing on the calories there, you’re looking at 76 minutes of walking or 33 minutes of jogging just to make amends for that half cup of a treat! ORRR whip up some of my Skinny Chunky Monkey Oat Cookies! They come in at 118 calories per serving (2 cookies), 3.9 grams of fat, & 8.5 grams of sugar. Still a treat but not ruining all your hard work! These are the simple choices that can make or break your healthy lifestyle! We all need treats sometimes, just choose the lesser of the two evils 😉
Let me know how you like them!! 21 Day fix breakdown and recipe card below. xoxo
21 DAY FIX BREAKDOWN:
*REMEMBER TO COUNT THIS IS A ‘TREAT’ FOR THE WEEK (YOU GET 3)! OR… LEAVE OUT THE CHOCOLATE AND JUST COUNT THE YELLOW AS A YUMMY SNACK! 🙂
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla flavoring
- 2 ripe medium to large bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup raisins (or craisins, your choice)
- optional: ½ tsp sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup almonds (or walnuts)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, & salt; mix well.
- Add vanilla, bananas, raisins, sunflower seeds, almonds, & dark chocolate chips; mix well.
- Drop by heaping Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheet- you may need to squeeze & 'pack' the cookies to make sure they stay together; flatten cookies with spoon.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until firm.