Oh man, have my cooking habits changed over the last few years. I finally put together my ahhhh-mazing homemade recipe notebook, organized by recipe type, then alphabetically, and are you ready for this? I had to add subsections to the Entrees… any guesses what they are? Okay, okay I’ll tell you. “Asian” and “Tacos” 😂 I realized last week I made three meals during the week, all asian and one also a taco. I guess that affirms the need for their own sections?
There are just SO many delicious flavors in asian cooking- aromatic curry powders, spicy chilis, and salty soy sauce can just carry us away to sauce-lovers’ heaven. This recipe, my friends, is so flavorful and EASY.. I just can’t wait to share it with you! Sneak peak of what’s coming: You get to stir fry some scrumptious flavor-packed noms and not feel guilty (or bloated after)! And I have a new, GENIUS technique for making cauliflower rice! Annnnd for the 21 Day Fixers or carb-free crowd, no yellow (carbs) required ⇠but optional! We’re all about flexibility around here. That’s the beauty of a stir fry.. we used cauliflower rice, you could use brown rice! We use ground turkey, you could use ground bison, ground beef, or meat substitute. Or just skip it and add even more delicious veg. Snow peas, anyone?? I can’t get enough!
The seasonings in this fried rice are slightly spicy and warm and oh-so-scrumptious. Think: your favorite Thai take-out minus the grease and 2,000 calorie tab.
How are ya feeling on the cauliflower rice? Are you mad? Nervous? Feeling disrespected? (have you seen this?? LOL) Let me tell you, it is seriously delish. The Pilot and I love this dish so much, we even decided to make our first Tasty-style video to inspire you to try it. For reals, it’s so quick & easy, INCLUDING making cauliflower rice, we are going to teach you how to make this dish in 1, count it, 1 minute.
Watch the Magic:
First up for this recipe, big decision: Cauli-Rice or Brown Rice? Be brave, friend! Maybe you won’t love the cauliflower rice, but I bet you will 🙂 Going with brown rice? Start cooking. Cauliflower rice? Here’s my new, improved, PERFECTED technique (shout out to the hubby who’s the 💡genius💡 behind it):
- Quarter the cauliflower, cut out stem and break florets apart.
- Grating blade loaded in the food processor, grate florets.
- Move cauliflower pieces to another bowl, load the processing blade and add the cauliflower- pulse until all pieces are consistently ‘riced’. ⇠ this two step rice-ing is the genius💡! Less wasted cauliflower = more cauliflower rice (you can skip the grating blade, but the stems won’t rice with just the processing blade.)
Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, minced garlic, and chopped onion– sauté until the onions caramelize. Add the ground turkey (5 oz recommended, which is about 1/3 of a typical package). Break up and brown the meat, then add in the frozen vegetable mix.
*Did you know?? Frozen vegetables may be healthier than fresh! Ideally, we would all eat farm fresh, organic vegetables. But if you’re like me, that’s not always possible. Vegetables picked and frozen at their peak of freshness is far superior in nutrition over off-season fresh veg! And so very, very convenient. ➡️ Buy bag of vegetables. Dump into pan. ✅
Allow veg to cook for a few minutes, then add the rice and seasonings- soy sauce, sriracha, unsweetened coconut, curry powder, ginger, and salt. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes.
Make a hole in the center of the mixture and crack eggs into the hole. Scramble eggs in the hole, stirring frequently, then mix into the fried rice.
Like it spicy? Join the saucy side- We like to top it with extra sriracha and flakes of unsweetened coconut. Be brave, my foodie friends, and let me know how you like the recipe! 21 Day Fix counts and recipe card below!
21 DAY FIX BREAKDOWN (cauliflower rice version)
2 GREEN (CAULIFLOWER RICE, VEG)
1 RED (EGGS, TURKEY)
1/3 ORANGE (COCONUT)
1/2 TEASPOON (EVOO)
- 1 cauliflower, medium (or 2 cups brown rice, cooked)
- ½ Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced white onion
- ½ Tbsp minced garlic
- 5 oz ground turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrots..)
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- Cauliflower Rice: Quarter the cauliflower, cut out stem and break florets apart. Grating blade loaded in the food processor, grate florets. Move cauliflower pieces to another bowl, insert the processing blade and add the cauliflower- pulse until all pieces are consistently 'riced'.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, minced garlic, and chopped onion-- sauté until the onions caramelize.
- Add the ground turkey. Brown the meat, then add in the frozen vegetable mix.
- Cook 3 minutes, then add the rice and seasonings- soy sauce, sriracha, unsweetened coconut, curry powder, ginger, and salt. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Make a hole in the center of the mixture and crack eggs into the hole. Scramble eggs in the hole, stirring frequently, then mix into the fried rice.